Winter Chill Out 2019 ~ Cedar Point
Though no new ride is coming to America’s Roller Coast in 2019, there is a lot of new things to discuss after yesterday’s off-season tour.
The park will add 2 new restaurants for 2019 and the best news for pass holders is that both are on the dining plan:
Hugo’s Italian Kitchen:
Midway Market buffet, next to Raptor, is officially a restaurant in Cedar Point’s History as it makes way for a new Italian concept. The news release reads:
A taste of Italy is coming to America’s Roller Coast. Hugo’s Italian Kitchen will serve traditional Italian fare like hand-made pastas, fresh pizzas baked in a large open-flamed brick oven, chicken Parmesan sandwiches, salads, meatball sandwiches and fresh desserts.”
Though many people thought and were respected for saying Witch’s Wheel would soon be home to another ride and even a few off the wall ideas that said Magnum XL 200’s days were numbered the site of the former Enterprise attraction will be home to a brand new BBQ concept in 2019.
Live music and savory smokehouse barbeque come together at BackBeatQue. This new rock ‘n’ roll and Motown-inspired eatery will serve smoked brisket, rotisserie chicken, pork platters and fresh perch. Southern sides like okra, cornbread muffins and house-made mac & cheese will also be available. BackBeatQue’s outdoor dining space will give guests a great place to eat, relax and take in the sights and sounds of the BackBeat Quartet and Cedar Point’s Gemini Midway. BackBeatQue will be located between the Monster ride and Magnum XL-200 roller coaster.
Live Entertainment Lineup:
New live entertainment lineup for 2019:
- Blackjack, Chess, and Digger will appear in new Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island
- No more Broadway shows
- Nashville Hits show
- Backyard Pickers replacing Bluegrass Jamboree
- New Grand Old Pickers show
- Backbeat Quarter to perform outside new BackBeatQue
Two items of great news from last year’s awesome new addition, Steel Vengeance. First the joystick handles have been remove after guests were having several incidents of hands touching and banging into each other. Also, zippered pouches have been added to the trains so that the no-cell phone in line policy can be reversed. Sounds like a win-win to me!
- Cedar Creek Mine Ride has received several themed enhancements for it’s 50th operating season, including placing a #5 train car outside the mine shaft. Guess Kings Island fanboys can put that Son of Beast rumor to rest. (though they probably won’t)
- Camp Snoopy will celebrate it’s 20th season with a re-theme to the classic Tilt-a-Whirl ride to Linus’ Beetle Bugs
- A couple ideas for the 150th season of the park are being talked about including the possibility of a 24-hour day.
- When asked a couple times about a dark ride, park management sadly said that it is not currently in their planning.
Wow! That was a lot to get through! So what are your thoughts on the off-season news? Let us know in the comments below or on one of social pages:
You can also search for our podcast on your favorite app including Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts!