Walt Disney World brings Holiday Fun to all 4 Parks and More
With Haunt season winding down it’s time to think about the holiday season! A pretty awesome place to spend the holidays is at Walt Disney World Resort and it continues to grow and offer even more fun this year. Each park brings its normal level of expected holiday fun with some new added features.
Starting out at the Magic Kingdom, many favorites from last year return:
- A Frozen Holiday Wish – Mickey welcomes Anna and Elsa lead a wondrous celebration on the castle forecourt stage starting 11/9. Kristoff and everyone’s favorite snowman Olaf join the fun of transforming the castle into a glimmering ice palace!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Join all your favorite Disney friends for this wonderful extra charge holiday event. From special entertainment offering to free hot cocoa and Christmas cookies. The special party begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours. Parties will be held on November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28, and December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
Over in the wild Animal Kingdom, It’s a wild holiday time as decorations around the park frame new day-into-nighttime experiences, including Tree of Life transformations, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali Rivers Rapids and Expedition Everest. Guests will be greeted by a dramatic, animal-themed holiday tree, and festive garlands will have the park all a-glow with merriment.
Over in Florida’s favorite community of tomorrow, several new offerings feature are ready to be unwrapped this year.
- NEW! Holiday Kitchens – The number of holiday kitchens is increasing at the park this year to 15. Two of the new kitchens this year include:
- Sweet treats like sugar cookies and apple fritters with cinnamon ice cream and more at the Odyssey complex.
- In Canada, Maple Buche de Noel (maple mousse rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake with cranberry sauce and pecan crumble) celebrate holiday traditions from the Great White North.
- NEW! Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Chip and Dale are collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. Guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests can return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale. Maps are available for $5.99 plus tax.
- NEW! Candlelight Processional Narrators – Some new faces join some old favorites in this years wonderful telling of the story of Christmas:
- NEW! Laurie Hernandez – November 24 to 26, 2017
- NEW! Matt Bomer – November 27 to 28, 2017
- Ana Gasteyer – November 29 to 30, 2017
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
- NEW! Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
- Jodi Benson – December 6 to 8, 2017
- NEW! Kurt Russell – December 9 to 11, 2017
- NEW! Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017
- Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
- Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
- NEW! CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
- Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
- Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017
- NEW! Holiday Entertainment – Enjoy the sights and sounds of the nations of World Showcase, as each country’s holiday heritage comes to life amid joyful music and time-honored traditions. Guests will discover an entertaining celebration of Hanukkah in a new location along World Showcase promenade, where a fun and interactive band interweaves the music of Hanukkah with jazz, Latin, rock and even hip-hop influences. Other returning holiday favorites include JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- Fireworks Finale – As always, nightly fireworks display, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, will feature a special holiday ending.
We’ve discussed all the new changes for Disney’s Hollywood Studios that were announced in a previous post, but here’s a quick highlight:
- NEW! Sunset Seasons Greetings – This new holiday experience features spectacular projections of Mickey, Minnie and other beloved Disney characters sharing their favorite Christmas stories as a snowy Sunset Boulevard twinkles with stunning holiday decorations. Holiday magic brings billboards to life and transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season.
- NEW! Enhanced holiday décor around Echo Lake – Extra-large ornaments, colorful garlands and a giant Christmas tree centered on the water will make Echo Lake the merriest of places this holiday season. Even Dinosaur Gertie will be dressed for the occasion with a dino-sized Santa hat.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” Returns – The hit holiday show returns Nov. 9 sending beloved Disney animated characters on a spirited yuletide adventure to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve.
- A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – Holiday fun continues at the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays the show will include all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”
Once again for more on Disney’s Hollywood Studios holiday festivities please check out the dedicated post !
Disney Springs becomes a winter gala of shopping and dining with a couple returning traditions and an expanded offering:
- NEW! An Even Bigger Christmas Tree Trail – First is a new favorite from last year getting even bigger! The Christmas Tree Trail was an awesome sight and feature at the complex last year and returns this year even bigger and better! Be sure to check out our post from last year’s Christmas Tree Trail!
- Santa’s Chalet – Santa Claus is accepting Christmas wish lists and welcoming guests to his chalet newly located by the Christmas Tree Trail through Dec. 24.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt – The mischievous experiment 626 returns to Disney Springs with an expanded scavenger hunt now featuring four new stops, including a special stop at the expanded Christmas Tree Trail.
So as you can see and read above there is tons to do at Walt Disney World Resort this holiday season! I can personally say this is one of my favorite places to be for the holidays, watching the trees go up hearing the festive music and enjoying some, usually, cooler weather in Florida! A very early best sincere happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
For more on Walt Disney World holidays and beyond be sure to follow our social pages where we’ll be sharing lots of holiday cheer!
- Twitter: @
- Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page!