Universal Orlando February 2017
Welcome to March at Universal Orlando. These past two months have flown by. January we saw some cooler temperatures as we recovered from the holidays. Now take a look at all that happened in February.
And you know what that means, Laissez les bons temps rouler! as Universal continues to celebrates Mardi Gras.
As with years earlier, most of the concert nights draw the largest crowds of weekday event nights, especially those with large fan followings.
— Michael_WGT (@Michael_WGT) February 26, 2017
but, the good times still roll and beads fly even with large crowds in attendance.
The resort, in partnership with its sister resort area in Hollywood, launched a new marketing campaign called I’m Ready that highlights the sweeping changes the parks have made in the recent years to reinvent and evolve into the premier theme park destination(s).
It may only be February, but it’s never to early to start thinking about the haunt season that lurks around the corner. The resort is offering some horrifying deals on early booking HHN packages. These include
- 3-night hotel accommodations at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Complimentary transportation to Universal’s theme parks and Universal CityWalk
- 2-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park Ticket to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Guests can receive a FREE upgrade to a 3-Park Park-to-Park ticket, which includes admission to Universal’s Volcano Bay (Offer valid on packages booked by 4/19/17)
- 1-Night Admission to Halloween Horror Nights (Sunday – Friday)
- Early Park Admission one hour before the theme park opens to one Universal Orlando theme park
- Access to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk
or you can buy your event tickets now at a discount for only $69.99 (Sun-Fri) or $80.99 (Sat).
The NBC pages are rushing to the finish line as the date for the opening of Race Through New York starring Jimmy Fallon quickly approaches. The exterior looks to be nearly 100% complete.
The last little touches are starting to appear as soft openings will likely be coming in the next weeks.
That last little gap that charged the interior with exterior light has now been closed off, leaving what is now going inside of this furious structure to the imagination.
However, we did notice what appears to be the possible beginnings of “warehouse” style windows being installed by the NY side of the building.
— WildGravity Travels (@WildGravityTrvl) February 14, 2017
The concrete that we tweeted about has now been finished
and looks not too much different from before…just more fresh.
Jurassic Park River Adventure is now down for paddock inspection and raptor inventory. Meanwhile, it is getting a fresh coat of paint.
Hopefully, the river adventure will fix that place where the tour boats keep getting knocked off course and we will finally get to see some Hadrosaur Cove.
Ripsaw Falls just started dropping logs again this month with a fresh color touch up all around.
Speaking of color touch-ups, there looks to be one under way as you enter Seuss Landing from Lost Continent.
Next door to the parks, Volcano Bay’s tide is coming in fast.If you haven’t already, slide over to check out the latest on the progress of Volcano Bay.
Twister, The Institute of Future Technology and Amity Boat Tours may be gone but they are certainly not forgotten. If you want a little piece of history on your wall, desktop or desk check out these vintage posters.
Until we next time race over to our social channels to see the current adventures we are on.
- On Twitter: @ and @Michael_WGT
- On Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- On Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page