Steel Vengeance announced for Cedar Point
Today, at the Hootenanny, Cedar Point announced Steel Vengeance. This is the name of what was once Mean Streak and laid to rest last year. Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) has a good amount of the track work done as we saw in our last update.
Here’s all the details of the coaster we’ve been following and will continue to follow:
- Coaster Records Broken
1. World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
2. World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
3. World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
4. World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
5. World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
6. Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
7. Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
8. Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
9. Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
10. World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
- Park Records Broken
1. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
2. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
3. Most rides at one amusement park (71)
4. Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
5. Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)
The concept art is just awesome to look at!
The park has shared some beautiful videos of the coasters as well:
Be sure to keep an eye on this post for more updates and on our socials as we bring you more updates on this coaster until the end of the season at least!
- Twitter: @
- Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page!