Spring Bloom returns to Kings Dominion
For the 3rd straight year, Spring Bloom is returning to the Doswell, VA park!
One of the biggest feature of the event is Chef Paul Maloney’s creations using fresh, local ingredients to create internationally inspired flavors from 4 countries:
- Irish Banger and Spinach Buttered Mashed Potatoes, Legend Porter Onion Gravy Topped with Crispy Onions
- Loaded “Irish Nachos”
- Irish Coffee and Chocolate Trifle
- Paired with “Legend Porter” from Legend Brewing Company and “Rad Red” from James River Wine Cellars
- Charcuterie and Cheese Offering with Seasonal Marmalade, Fruit and Crostini
- Swiss Mac and Cheese with Diced Bacon and Smoked Gouda
- Swiss Waffle with Fresh Glazed Strawberries, Whipped Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Paired with “Slingshot KOLSCH” from Center of the Universe Brewing in Ashland, VA. and “Jam Jar 2015” (sweet wine) from South Africa
- Black Forest Ham and Havarti on a Pretzel Bun with Apple Butter, Whole Grain Mustard, Sliced Cucumber and Green Leaf Lettuce. Served with a Side of Purple Cabbage and Apple Slaw.
- German Style Potato Salad served with Fresh Fried Kettle Chips
- German Apple Sticky Bun Bread Pudding with Pilsner Caramel Sauce
- Paired with “Hardywood Pils” from Hardywood Brewing in Richmond, VA. and “Guntrum Riesling” 2012 from Langenlonsheim, Germany
- Spring Pesto Orzo Salad with Bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) heirloom tomatoes and marinated artichokes. Served with Garlic Crostini
- Prosciutto Melon Wedge
- Tiramisu Parfait
- Paired with “Honeydew Hard Cider” from Bold Rock Brewery in Nellysford, VA. and “Prodigo, Sauvignon Blanc 2014” from Italy
As you can read above all of the flavors are paired with a locally brewed craft beer. A favorite personal idea from Chef Maloney himself!
While at the park for the event be sure to take in the beautiful colors and atmosphere around you, and I don’t just mean the coasters as thousands of spring flowers will be planted on International Street providing a beautiful array of colors!
The event also feature Kid’s Activities in Planet Snoopy including woodworking workshops and flower-pot decorating!
The Bandstand on International Street will become the Spring Bloom Stage and will feature live local entertainment.
On Sat. May 14, Sabrina Carpenter will be performing at the Kingswood Amphitheater at 6 P.M.:
Spring Bloom runs Saturdays and Sundays April 16 – May 15, for more information visit the park’s information page.
For coaster enthusiasts like us the park features a great collection of unique coasters:
Also, be sure to check the all new Delirium now open!
For more on Kings Dominion and other parks be sure to follow our social channels:
- On Twitter: @
- On Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- On Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- On Periscope: WildGravity Travels
- On a Podcast: Orlando Tourism Report