Six Flags over Georgia: Name a Coaster!
Ninja at Six Flags over Georgia has thrilled over 6 million guests over the years; but now the coaster is getting a much need refurbishment and some improvements.
- Two new coaster trains with soft-vest restraints for a more comfortable experience;
- Enhancements to the 2,800 feet of track for a much smoother ride at more than 50 miles per hour; and
- A fresh, new coat of shiny blue paint along the track and silver paint on the support poles. (note the old color is some places in pictures throughout this post)
The coaster, opened in 1992 is made by Vekoma and features 5 inversions and a top sped of 52 mph!
Most exciting is the park having fans vote for the new coaster name here on the Six Flags website!
Your Choices are:
- American Eagle
- Blue Hawk
- Air Commander
Service Members from Dobbins Air Reserve Base will participate in a ribbon cutting ceremony and the coaster will have a special military theme to honor America’s service members, when it reopens later this spring. Voting will remain open until 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 8. The winning name will be announced at the grand re-opening of the “Ninja” in early June.
For more on Six Flags over Georgia and other amusement park news stay connected via our social outlets:
- On Twitter: @
- On Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- On Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- On a Podcast: Orlando Tourism Report