RUMOR: New Menu Coming to Sci-Fi Dine In Restaurant ~ Disney’s Hollywood Studios
In a sort of odd find we learned recently that the highly themed Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant at the park could be receiving a near complete overhaul of its menu. These changes are reportedly coming very quickly on May 4th and feature multiple reported changes.
Below are some of the highlights we’ve been made privy to.
Pretty much the entire menu is being scraped and modified in some way shape or form. We’ve only heard highlights of the changes coming to some of the entrees:
- Current: Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak, Topped with Garlic-Herb Butter and served with Cheesy-Horseradish Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and crispy Onion Rings
- Change: Though the steak will be staying we’ve heard new toppings like crispy fried onions and maybe a new sauce or glaze.
- Current: Shrimp and Chicken Pasta in Sun-Dried Creamy tomato sauce.
- Change: The main change here sounds like it will be the sauce to something a little more Cajun influenced.
- Current: Build Your Own Burger
- Change: Build your own will be traded out for a classic Cheeseburger, and a couple other specialty burgers will be added. One of them is currently featured as the seasonal burger. This burger is a mix of beef chuck, prime rib, and brisket with bacon, fried jalapenos, fried onions, cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce. Picture credit to @MrBrianORL
- Change: Another burger will be a southern style burger with fried green tomato and possibly served with fried okra.
- NO Change: Reuben, fear not this classic is staying though side will probably change.
- Current: Vegetarian Options: Vegetarian Shepard’s Pie and Southwest Vegetarian Burger
- Change: Expect a vegetarian pasta maybe with tofu and a vegetarian caprese burger.
One of the other big highlights is the local sourcing and intent to move the kitchen back to a more scratch made items. One such example is the sourcing buns for bread from a local bakery that I think our source said was from Winter Park or Winter Garden. Either way it is always great when a Disney restaurant gets a nice menu change as this one sounds to be!
Be #MoreInformed & stay tuned to our social channels as we revisit this topic after May 4th to see if a menu change really does take place:
- Twitter: @ and @Michael_WGT
- Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page