Royal Caribbean Introduces Global Private Island Collection ~ Perfect Day at CocoCay
A cruise can be and has become much more than just a ship, sometimes it the destination. In a very ambitious move Royal Caribbean has introduced the Perfect Day Island Collection. They will be a series of unrivaled and exclusive private island destinations around the world.
Last week the company unveiled its first project in the series Perfect Day at CocoCay. This will include a $200 million dollar transformation to the island bringing several great new features.
- Thrill Waterpark is a stunning even in concept waterpark. Two massive slide towers with 13 water slides, the most slides found in any waterpark in the Caribbean, highlight the feature. The towers include a 135ft tall Daredevils Peak and will be the tallest slide in N. America. The park will also feature the Caribbean’s largest wave pool and a kid-friendly obstacle course.
- Oasis Lagoon will be the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool and feature a swim-up bar and in-pool loungers.
- A 1,600-foot zip line at up to 50 feet high and water landing
- Up, Up and Away, is a helium balloon that floats up to 450 feet above the ground. It will provide the highest vantage point in the Caribbean.
- Two specially designed beaches:
- Chill Island for the ultimate beach escape, complete with pristine, crystal-clear tropical waters and white powder-like sand – and plentiful cabanas and daybeds for relaxation.
- South Beach with volleyball, beach-side basketball, soccer, paddle boarding, glass-bottom kayaking and zorbing in an inflatable zorb ball.
- Coco Beach Club, will offer an upscale island experience that will feature the first over-water cabanas in The Bahamas.
Wow that is a lot! Ships departing from the states of NY, MD, and FL will visit the island. The transformation rolls out in phases starting in September 2018 and concludes in November 2019. Additional Perfect Day getaways will be announced at alter date for Asia, Australia and the Caribbean soon.
“It’s true that our ships are technological and engineering marvels in their own right and offer a multitude of unexpected experiences; but our destinations are an equally important part of the cruise vacation,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We are introducing the Perfect Day Island Collection to deliver the most memorable vacation for adventure seekers on land and on board our ships. Once completed Perfect Day at CocoCay will be the ultimate family destination in the Caribbean.”
For more on Royal Caribbean and to check out our experience at CocoCay be sure to check out our post where we cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas and visit the island.
Also be sure to subscribe to our social accounts so you can see all the great cruising content:
- Twitter: @
- Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page