Exciting news today, June 13th, 2016 as Dollywood has opened their new coaster Lightning Rod. A coaster that they describe as the world’s 1st launching wooden roller coaster.
So what are the features and stats on Lightning Rod? There are plenty experience:
- Type: Wood Coaster
- Track Length: 3,800 Feet
- Inversions: None
- Ride Elements: Zero to 45 MPH Launch = 1500 HP
- Trick Hill (Twin Summits)
- 90 + Degree Bank Breaking Wave Turn
- 90 + Degree Outside Banked Top Hat
- Twist and Shout
- Step Up
- Quadruple Down
- High Speed Airtime Hill
- Non-Inverting Half Loop
- 12 Total Airtime Moments
- Top Speed: 73 Miles Per Hour
- Lift Height: 206 Feet (80 Ft. Above Crest of Lift Hill)
- Drop Height: 165 Feet
- Ride Duration: 3 Minutes, 12 Seconds
- Height Requirement: At least 48″
- Passengers Per Train: 24
- Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction, Inc.
Now lets take a look at what the ride looks like with a POV graciously provided by the park!
We can’t wait to get up to Tennessee and ride Lightning Rod and experience all the other great coasters in the park!
For more on Dollywood and other parks around the country be sure to follow us via our social accounts:
- On Twitter: @
- On Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- On Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page