Cedar Point announces Cedar Point Shores Waterpark
Cedar Point has been teasing park guests with flip-flops hidden around the park alluding to some sort of announcement for 2017:
Today via Instagram we learned about Cedar Point Shores Waterpark via Instagram. It appears and sounds to be a renaming of the water park from Soak City. Also, looks to be a multi-capsule slide in the picture here, something the park does not yet have:
UPDATE!!! The park will in fact be renamed Cedar Point Shores and feature the following:
- Point Plummet – a six-story-tall, four-person aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four guests on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them. The four separate 400-foot-long slides will send riders through a series of flat loops and s-curves for an amazing water rush.
- Starboard Surge & Portside Plunge – located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate guests riding alone or with a friend and will send them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.
- Lakeslide Landing – a new family splash-ground with 12 kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an over-sized lounge and sun deck area.
Also will be the addition of Crystal Rock Cafe serving up great favorites like:
- Fresh-baked flat breads (caprese, buffalo mac & cheese and more)
- Farm salad options (crispy chicken BLT, Asian chicken and chicken Caesar)
- Pesto-glazed grilled chicken sandwiches
- Fresh-breaded chicken tenders
- Waffle fries
- Tater tots
- Loaded potato wedges
The water park’s existing slides and attractions will receive makeovers as well, with most receiving new names highlighting the unique beachside location. Overall, it sounds like a great branding change!
Recently, we saw the announcement from the park about Mean Streaks removal, but no we highly doubt this is where the new capsule drop slide complex is going.
For more on Cedar Point and other parks across the country be sure to follow us on our social channels:
- On Twitter: @
- On Instagram: @WildGravityTravels
- On Facebook: WildGravity Travels
- Subscribe to our YouTube page!